Friday, April 27, 2012

Food For Thought


Feed Your Mind; Feed Your Soul

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."
~Chili Davis

Here's a quote that came close to what I want to point out. Yesterday, I came across a student of mine, which I just realized that she was when she greeted me. Upon looking at her face, my only impression was, "Hey, I know this girl!" Luckily, an unconscious wit came out and I said her name correctly. After the encounter I realized that she was my student two years ago. 'My Gulay! Two years ago!' And she had grown so big. I could say that she's already grown to be a beautiful young lady; from a child to a young lady! And I bet she has also improved a lot intellectually. In short, she has grown a lot and only in two years of time. Now...how about me?

Have I grown this past two years? Am I still worth being called her teacher? This are just some of the questions I asked myself after our encounter. I realized that even when you reach a certain age that people may label as the peak of wisdom--growth is still inevitable if you would like to be as wise as you are or were.

Now, how much have you grown lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment